Technical Document Writer - Christchurch19 May 2021
When you join Switched On, you will be joining a team of individuals with a collective passion of Enhancing Peoples Environments. Our purpose driven family business has been enhancing the homes and communities across Aotearoa since 1983. Collectively we are embarking on a journey to maintain over 16,500+ kiwi homes, and are set to complete over 100,000+ customer requests this year
We are in an exciting new phase of establishing this new role and function to embed best practice and ensure creation of user friendly, relevant, and great looking user documentation, training material and reference guides for our internal staff and external Trade. The content you create must have a powerful impact on adoption and be ever evolving to ensure it remains relevant.
Your focus is to create resources that don’t just document systems and processes but accelerates a user from novice to power user. You will be excited by the opportunity to get involved form the ground up, bringing your depth of experience, knowledge, skill and aptitude to ensure we “do this once and do it right” from the get-go.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract with the opportunity for it to go permanent with you leading and demonstrating the benefits and opportunities this roles brings to our organisation.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This role focuses on creating and maintaining modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure, this includes support, training and user documentation and online help & guides. Leveraging a newly created template structure, you will be ensuring that documentation continues to evolve to meet the user needs. Along with helping to implement best practice for our existing documentation and toolsets. You will collaborate with fellow Digital Team members and Subject Matter Experts along with external Trade Users. There may also be potential for involvement in the creation of the companies internal knowledge base and set of basic training videos.
Ko wai koe | About you
- 7+ years of experience as a technical writer for software products
- Knowledge and capability in creation of frameworks and content from the ground up
- Broad experience with documenting software that is delivered across multiple devices (PCs, mobile, tablets)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to extract information from various SMEs and Business Process Diagrams
- Ability to thrive as the sole technical writer
- Passionate about getting to know large, complex software products and distilling them down into bite-sized, logical tasks for new users
- Impeccable written and spoken English
Benefits of working at Switched On
- Southern Cross Medical Insurance
- Family Matters
- Flexible working environment with work-life balance
- Fun forward focused culture
- Employee Recognition program
Does this sound like the exciting and challenging role for you to strut your stuff and demonstrate the breadth of your capabilities? If so, we would love to hear from you!
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com