Health and Safety Officer16 April 2021
Are you ready to help us deliver the next part of the journey as we embark on a radical shift destined to change both our industry and the future of Social Housing in New Zealand?
Our purpose driven family business has been enhancing the homes and communities across Aotearoa since 1983. You will be joining a team of individuals with a collective passion of Enhancing Peoples Environments. Collectively we are embarking on a journey to maintain over 16500+ kiwi homes and are set to complete over 100,000+ customer requests this year.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
A key part of the Health Safety Officer's role is to ensure health and safety standards are being met on our contractors’ sites, working in a collaborative partnership model.
You will do this through providing assurance inspections, checks, advice, support and training. You be a member of the National Health and Safety Team, who work collaboratively and provide support to each other.
Ko wai koe | About you
- You have 2 plus years previous operational health and safety experience in a construction, contracting, maintenance or similar industry (preferred)
- You have or working towards a recognised qualification in Health and Safety (Preferred)
- Proven experience in accident investigations (preferred)
- Ability to travel regionally
- You are prepared to go the extra kilometre for our People & Customers
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet in a dynamic work environment
- You thrive on building partnerships with people and communities
- Your outstanding interpersonal skills and the confidence to influence and engage with others will set you apart
- You will be resilient, have excellent attention to detail and be able to hold yourself and others to account
- Self Motivated to achieve results and targets
Benefits of working at Switched On
- Southern Cross Medical Insurance
- Family Matters
- Flexible working environment with work-life balance
- Fun forward focused culture
- Employee Recognition program
- Growth opportunities within our wider group of companies
If this ticks your boxes and leavings you wanting to know more.....
- Download a copy of the Position Description: Health and Safety Officer
- To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.